The San Jose and South Bay food truck scene, along with food truck meetups, really took off in April 2011 under the direction of SJ Eats, which became Moveable Feast San Jose.
We feel fortunate to have attended the first six of these SJ Eats/Moveable Feast meet ups in San Jose and truly appreciate all the South Bay gourmet food trucks, as well as the food trucks from the greater San Francisco Bay Area that frequently come down to the South Bay.
Below are 3 lists:
- South Bay food truck events
- South Bay food truck resources
- Alphabetical list of all the (mostly) South Bay food trucks that we’ve seen at previous food truck events
South Bay Food Truck Events
- It’s all about Moveable Feast, as they currently host weekly food truck meetups in Willow Glen, San Jose’s Garden City, and San Jose’s Blossom Hill Rd.
South Bay Food Truck Resources
- Food Truck Nerd – Premier Silicon Valley food truck fan page (with podcasts)
South Bay Food Trucks
- House of Siam on Wheels (San Jose) – Thai.
- No Way Jose (San Jose) – Mexican.
- The Louisiana Territory (San Jose) – Cajun.
- The WOW Truck (San Jose) – Filipino silogs.
- Treatbot (San Jose) – Karaoke ice cream.
Greater South Bay and S.F. Bay Area
- An The Go – Garlic noodles.
- Armadillo Willy’s BBQ
- Babaloo – Organic Cuban.
- BBQ Kalbi – Korean fusion.
- Bigg Shrimp’n (Milpitas) – Vietnamese.
- Bills Hot Dogs – Street dogs.
- Cabana Dave’s – World cuisine.
- Chairman Bao – Steamed and baked buns.
- Curry Up Now (Sunnyvale) – Indian.
- Eat on Monday (Mountain View)
- Hiyaaa! – Fusion sandwich.
- Iz It – Hawaiianese.
- Kara’s Cupcakes (San Francisco).
- KoJa Kitchen
- Little Green Cyclo (South San Francisco) – Vietnamese street food.
- MoBowl – Rice bowls.
- MoGo BBQ (Santa Clara) – Korean Mexican.
- Mona’s Fruits
- Sancho’s Taqueria
- Senor Sisig – Filipino fusion.
- Seoul on Wheels
- Shack Mobile
- Southern Sandwich – Barbecue.
- Tikka Bytes – Indian.
- Toasty Melts – Grilled cheese.
- Whisk on Wheels – Local organic.
[Last updated 7-15-12]